Bel Ga LLC Vietnam and Bel Ga Ltd. Myanmar are 100% subsidiaries of a Joint Venture company called BDH Asia, established in The Netherlands between De Heus Animal Nutrition The Netherlands (49%) and Belgabroed Belgium (51%).
De Heus animal nutrition is specialized in producing high quality animal feed products in 12 countries worldwide and is a global top 15 player amongst the global animal feed producers.
De Heus LLC Vietnam, a subsidiary of De Heus Animal Nutrition The Netherlands, has been growing very rapidly since its establishment in 2008 and has become a top 5 player in animal feed production in Vietnam.
Belgabroed Belgium is the market leader in Belgium in producing High Quality Day Old Chicks, Day Old Layers and Hatching Eggs. Belgabroed is also a prominent producer in the Netherlands and exports its products to neighbouring countries such as France and Germany. Furthermore, high quality Hatching Eggs and Day Old Layers are exported to third countries such as Irak, Lybia, Soedan and Russia.
Bel Ga LLC Vietnam was established in year 2013 in Vietnam and is specialized in producing Day Old Chickens and Day Old Layers mainly for the domestic market and partly for neighboring countries such as Cambodia and Laos. These DOCs, originating from the highly specialized breeding Company Aviagen or Cobb-Vantress, are produced by using modern technology.
In year 2016, BDH Asia has continued its expansion in South East Asia by another subsidiary in Myanmar called Bel Ga Ltd. Myanmar. A hatchery and poultry farm will be constructed in Yangon area in Myanmar to start the production of 8 million DOCs per annum to be supplied to the independent farmers in Myanmar in a similar commercial cooperation between Bel Ga Myanmar Ltd. and De Heus Myanmar Ltd. as been set up in Vietnam in the past 3 years. The feed factory of De Heus Myanmar Ltd. will be operational by September year 2016.
Logistics Officer is expected to run and manage the daily activities of the Logistics/Import/Export department and execute the department’s targets by means of clear result oriented action plans. Professional reporting and swift communication with the Project Manager and General Director are required to feedback on daily operations.
Main import consists of Hatching Eggs, Day Old Parent Chicks and Machinery & Equipment from oversea. Main export consists of Day Old Broiler Chicks and Hatching Eggs to countries in South East Asia.
- Timely preparing free import tax list for CAPEX import
- Arranging Investment Certificates to comply with free import tax list
- Keep relationship and smooth communication with customs
- Arrange all documents and clearance procedures to release goods at the port
- Assure quality of goods during custom clearance and truck transportation to the sites
- Minimize and optimise costs for logistics, import and export
- Continously seeking for cost savings and efficiencies in logistics/import/export
- Stay updated on new logistics/import/export tax regulations/exemptions and inform Operational Manager and General Director
The volume determination and price negotiation of main raw materials being Feed, Vaccine and Parent Stock chicks are arranged by the General Director and Operational Manager. Sustainable CAPEX purchase are also arranged by the General Director and Operational Director. Remaining will be handled by the purchase department:
- Critically checking purchase requests from different departments
- Initiating procurement of materials and goods following time schedule of different departments
- Critically oversea suppliers
- Evaluate prices for the company’s particular size orders
- Manage purchase order document flow
- Follow up purchase payments with accounting
- Follow purchasing policy of the company at all times
- Well organized with focus on strict time management and personal efficiency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Be proficient, professional and detailed in communication (speaking and writing)
- Ability to multi-task and show flexibility
- Have computer and software skills
- Be able to delegate responsibilities
- Understand about cultural differences between Europe and Asia and anticipate during stakeholders meetings to bridge this gap
- Be detail minded in all aspects of the business
- Be resourceful, inventive and self-confident
Degree in logistics/business and minimum 5 years of experience in a Logistics position in
Effective problem-solving and mediation skills.
Demonstrated ability to build up relationships with relevant authorities.
Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting.
Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.