Reference Number: ADMIN_YAN_2017004
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Administration Department is looking for an Accountant to be based in its Yangon office. In close cooperation with the Head of Finance and the Finance & Administration Coordinator, the Accountant will mainly be responsible for the preparing, reconciling and analyzing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation/other structure under his/her responsibility.
Start date: 01 November 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will prepare and post accounting entries in the accounting software and ensure the accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions.
- You will assist to ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management.
- In addition, you will be responsible for the compiling and checking the completeness of accounting documents.
- You will be responsible for the proper filing of relevant finance documents.
- You will perform regular integrity checks of accounting entries and account balances.
- As part of your duties, you will assist in monthly closing activities and ensure compliance with taxation legislation procedures.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Ei Ei Nyein, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number ADMIN_YAN_2017004 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
Please send your application no later than 06 October 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.