Advisor to the Head of Sub-Delegation
Reference Number: MAN_MYI_2017001
Please find more details in the following link:
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Management Department is looking for the Advisor to the Head of Sub-Delegation to be based in its Myitkyina office. The Advisor to the Head of Sub-Delegation will be responsible for monitoring the political, humanitarian and social situation of Kachin, ensuring the strong connection of the Sub-Delegation with Kachin interlocutors and environment, and supporting the Head of Sub-Delegations for field movements and security issues.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Head of Sub-Delegation, you will monitor the political, humanitarian and social environment and identify relevant issues of interest for the ICRC.
- You will assist the Head of Sub-Delegation in further anchoring the ICRC in Kachin State and to maintain/strengthen/extend the Sub-delegation’s network among government authorities, Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS), local authorities, international and national humanitarian organizations, local leaders.
- You will assist the Head of Sub-Delegation in planning and organizing field trips within Kachin State, and to other areas if needed.
- You will provide analysis of the Kachin environment on a regular basis.
- You will accompany the Head of Sub-Delegations to meetings with interlocutors, and ensure relevant translation and reporting.
- You may be asked to participate in detention visits, assist the team and interprets from/to English, Kachin and Myanmar languages.
- You will give dissemination sessions to the Sub-Delegation’s interlocutors.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Naw Julia, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number MAN_MYI_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub-Delegation Myitkyina - Human Resources Department
448, Lane 13,
Myay Myint Ward
Myitkyina, Kachin State.
Please send your application no later than 25 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.