Reference Number: LOG_SIT_2017002
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Logistics Department is looking for a Driver to be based in its Sittwe office. In close cooperation with the team in Sittwe, the Driver will mainly be responsible to provide a reliable service, transport people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC Rules and Regulations, and National Traffic Laws within Sittwe region and operating sites in ICRC.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will drive light vehicles and transport people and/or material.
- You will transport cargo and ensure that the load is secure as per the vehicle specifications in a proper and safe way.
- As part of your responsibilities, you will follow up the log books of the attributed cars, kilometer checks and fuel statistics in weekly/ monthly base.
- You will ensure proper fueling and cleaning of the vehicles and generators.
- In addition, you will check on daily basic body condition of vehicles and mechanical conditions of the generators and participates in repair works.
- Furthermore, you will carry out the daily vehicle condition checks and inventory of equipment and accessories of the assigned vehicle as per instructions.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcomed to contact our HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Hnin Hsu Wai, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number LOG_SIT_2017002 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub-Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No-1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road,
West Sanpya Quarter, Sittwe
Please send your application no later than 20 October 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.