Economic Security Field Officer
Reference Number: ECOSEC_MUA_2017001
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Economic Security Department is looking for a EcoSec Field Officer to be based in its Maungdaw office. In close cooperation with the EcoSec team in Maungdaw, in Sittwe and in Yangon, the EcoSec Field Officer will mainly be responsible to deliver EcoSec services to the organization in order to improve beneficiaries’ food and income production as well as monitor and evaluate the econocmic situation in Maungdaw with an additional foucs on the on humanitarian situation required by conflicts and/or crisis in Rakhine State.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will assists in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring EcoSec projects and participate in the distributions of seeds, tools, conditional and unconditional cash grants.
- In addition, you will provide technical input by preparing appropriate educational material and conducting tailored knowledge-transfer to stakeholders.
- You will act as the technical support for livelihood projects and provides support to beneficiaries, when needed or upon request.
- Furthermore, you will contribute to the coaching of MRCS volunteers on project design, implementation and evaluation.
- You will be asked to assists in setting up a simple, easy to follow market monitoring system for key sites as identified.
- You will support the needs assessments in internal displaced person camps, host villages, resettlement areas as well as origin/return villages.
- In addition, you will contribute to keep EcoSec program management tool (EPMT) up to date and provides statistics.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Hnin Hsu Wai, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number ECOSEC_MUA_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No-1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road
West Sanpya Quarter,Sittwe
ICRC Office – Maungdaw – Human Resources Department
No -70, Alel Than Kyaw Street,
Myo Ma Ka Nyin Tan Quarter,Maungdaw
Please send your application no later than 05 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.