Health Field Officer
Reference Number: HEALTH_MUA_2017003
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Health Department is looking for a Health Field Officer to be based in its office in Maungdaw. Under the supervision and directives of the Health Delegate and in collaboration with the Health team in Sittwe and Yangon, the Health Field Officer will be mainly responsible for the implementation and running of health projects/ programs. The Health Field Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining contacts with relevant health interlocutors at various levels including Myanmar Red Cross Society and Ministry of Health authorities at district and township level.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will participate in health needs assessments to determine the population’s health needs.
- You will assist in the implementation and monitoring of ICRC health programs, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Sports (MoHS), designed to address in the identified needs.
- You will monitor data spreadsheets, summarize and analyze the monthly data of result based management and medical activity database. You will have significant reporting responsibilities.
- You will maintain contact with relevant interlocutors including the Ministry of Health and Sports authorities and national society at local level.
- As part of your responsibilities, you will apply and comply with all the administrative procedures such as working advances, use of vouchers, prepare requisition orders for medical supplies.
- Moreover, you will interpret accurately from English to National language and vice versa including during field visits, prison visits and training/workshop sessions.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Hnin Hsu Wai, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number HEALTH_MUA_2017003 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC Sub-Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No.1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road
West Sanpya Quarter, Sittwe
ICRC Office Maungdaw - Human Resources Department
No.722, the entrance of Na Ta La Office’s Street,
Ka Nyin Tan (Myoma) Quarter, Maungdaw
Please send your application no later than 12 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.