Reference Number: HR_MUA_2017001
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC HR Department is looking for an Assistant to be based in its Maungdaw office. In close cooperation with the HR Manager in Yangon ,the team in Sittwe and as well as the Heads of Offices in Maungdaw, the Human Resources Assistant will provide HR administrative and secretarial support, assist with translations from/to English and Myanmar as well as assist with data management.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will responsible for the well-functioning and well-running of the HR administration and management in Maungdaw.
- You will perform various office works such as typing, filing, mail preparation and distribution, photocopies, updates of lists, requisition orders.
- You will assist the staff in archiving documents and electronic files.
- You will support the HR Assistants in Sittwe and as well as in Yangon in the recruitment & selections processes (e.g. preparing vacancy announcements, job descriptions and interview test, organizing personal interviews).
- Furthermore, you will assist in the preparation and organization of events such as seminars, workshops and trainings.
- You will support the HR Assistants in Sittwe and in Yangon to prepare employment contract.
- You will translate and prepare correspondence from/to English and Myanmar language.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Secretary – Recruitment & Selection, Thinzar Aye Yu, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number HR_MUA_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No-1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road
West Sanpya Quarter,Sittwe
ICRC Office – Maungdaw – Human Resources Department
No -722, the entrance of Na Ta La Office’s street,
Ky Nyin Tan ( Myoma ) Quarter, Maungdaw
Please send your application no later than 26 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserve the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.