Reference Number: LOG_LSH_2017004
Please find more details on the following link:
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Logistics Department is looking for a Logistics Officer to be based in its Lashio office. In close cooperation with the supervisor, management and cooperation partner, the Logistics Officer will mainly be responsible to provide technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management and fleet management.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will carry out cash purchase in Lashio and field locations as instructed.
- You will follow up the delivery schedule of the goods as per instructions in the relevant purchase order contracts.
- In addition, you will launch requests for quotation for transport, make selection tables and purchase contracts.
- You will liaise with dispatch and suppliers for the needs of air, road and rail transportation.
- You will follow any damage claim and arbitrate with transporters or launch claims on insurance claims database.
- As part of your duties, you will participate in tender process.
- You will assist in monthly stock consolidation electronically as well as corresponding paper files and submitted on a monthly basis.
- Furthermore, you will keep files up-to-date at all times (purchase order files, archive files, requisition order files, vehicles files, supplier files).
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our
HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Oung Kyaw Than, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number LOG_LSH_2017004 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub Delegation Lashio - Human Resources Department
Parami 4th Lane, Ward 1, Block 1
Lashio, Northern Shan State
Please send your application no later than 31 August 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.