Reference Number: LOG_MUA_2017002
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Logistics Department is looking for a Logistics Officer to be based in its Maungdaw office. In close cooperation with the logistics teams in Sittwe and in Yangon, the Logistics Officer will be responsible to provide technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, field supply system as well as support and transportation management.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible to carry out various purchases in Maungdaw and field locations as requested by the different departments.
- You will follow up the delivery schedule of the purchased goods.
- As part of your responsibility you will launch requests for quotation for transportation, you will develop selection tables and purchasing contracts.
- You will liaise internally with the dispatcher and externally with the suppliers for the needs of air, sea and road transportation delivering the purchased goods.
- You will assist in the monthly stock consolidation on a monthly basis.
- In addition, you will participate in various tender processes.
- Furthermore, you will supervise and manage requisition orders, purchase orders, stock requisitions, and entry forms, packing lists, claim reports and way bills once the paper files are completed.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Hnin Hsu Wai, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number LOG_MUA_2017002 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub-Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No-1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road,
West Sanpya Quarter, Sittwe
ICRC Office Maungdaw - Human Resources Department
No-722, the entrance of Na Ta La Office’s Street,
Myo Ma Ka Nyin Tan Quarter, Maungdaw
Please send your application no later than 13 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.