Reference Number: ADMIN_MUA_2017003
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Administration Department is looking for a Premises Responsible to be based in its Maungdaw office. In close cooperation with the Head of Office and the Administrator, the Premises Responsible will be responsible for the office and staff houses management of the ICRC Office in Maungdaw, including house maintenance and renovations, security guards and domestic staff management.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the well-functioning and well-running of the ICRC office and other ICRC premises such as provision of housing items, security management, premises inventory and maintenance.
- Part of your responsibility will be the supervision and coordination of the maintenance staff, security guards and domestic staff at the ICRC premises in Maungdaw.
- You will provide cash payments and prepare payment schedules, when necessary.
- Furthermore, you will support the finance staff in monthly closure of the accounting files.
- You will be responsible organizing all travel arrangements for ICRC staff members and visitors from and to Maungdaw as well as other ICRC offices.
- You will be responsible in preparing Requisition Order and Internal Request.
- In addition, you will participate in the translation from/to English or Myanmar language.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract between 6 and 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Assistant,
Hnin Hsu Wai, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number ADMIN_MUA_2017003 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub-Delegation Sittwe - Human Resources Department
No-1/4, Myin Pyaing Kwin Road,
West Sanpya Quarter, Sittwe
ICRC Office Maungdaw - Human Resources Department
No-722, the entrance of Na Ta La Office’s Street,
Myo Ma Ka Nyin Tan Quarter, Maungdaw
Please send your application no later than 12 November 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.