Protection Field Officer
Reference Number: PROT_LSH_2017001
Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Protection Department is looking for a Protection Field Officer to be based in its Lashio office. In close cooperation with the supervisor, the Protection Field Officer will mainly be responsible for implementation of protection’s mandate, establishing a protection dialogue with communities and authorities in northern Shan State including monitoring of general situation and security, providing support to the protection delegate’s field trips, and maintaining network with interlocutors.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will participate in and lead field trips, setting objectives and coordinating protection and assistance departments, and ensure appropriate consultation.
- You will join your team on regular field trips in Northern-Shan State.
- You will contribute to the documentation of humanitarian concerns of the civilian population affected by conflict in Northern-Shan State and assist the team in interviews with beneficiaries.
- In addition, you will contribute to Restoring Family Link activities according to the RFL guidelines.
- You will monitor the general and security situation, conflict dynamics, and humanitarian trends ensuring an up to date and in depth understanding of the area of operations for the protection team and the ICRC.
- As part of your duties, you will provide language support to delegates in terms of translation of correspondence and interpreting at meetings.
- You will work closely with the protection team to document patterns of protection concerns and cases of violation against the civilian population.
- Furthermore, you will liaise closely with MRCS Northern-Shan State branch on assessing needs and proposing and developing activities on RFL for civilians affected by the conflicts.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Oung Kyaw Than, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org and https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/asia-pacific/myanmar.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
Please indicate the Reference Number PROT_LSH_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
ICRC Sub Delegation Lashio - Human Resources Department
Parami 4th Lane, Ward 1, Block 1
Lashio, Northern Shan State
Please send your application no later than 27 December 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.