For the past eight years, the Farm Advisory Servicesteam has worked closely with rural farmers to increasetheir incomes with technical trainings, consultations,and on-site pest and disease diagnostics. We areexpanding our geographic reach and portfolio ofservices to include digital platforms, soil testing, andaccess to farm machinery. As Operations Manager,you will be in charge of developing strategic operationsplans for all of our services, managing the branchnetwork, and developing the branch staff’s capacity.If you have outstanding interpersonal and leadershipskills, strive for operational excellence, and are excitedto help thousands of farmers gain access to valuableagricultural services, then this is the opportunity foryou.
Meet Your Team
The Farm Advisory Services (FAS) team is at theforefront of agricultural consulting for smallholdersin Myanmar. The 180-member team is made up ofdiverse talents, including advanced agronomists,finance gurus, digital and analytical experts, andformer farmers. We share the same empathy forour customers and create social impact throughtechnical trainings and innovative digital tools. Weprovide affordable, sustainable solutions to farmers’struggles. The strategies we use are easy to apply,environmentally friendly and in turn, help increasefarmers’ yield and income.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development and implementation ofFAS growth strategies, including expanding intonew regions and scaling up new services
- Collaborate with Proximity Labs, our in-houseproduct development team, to design andlaunch innovative services for farmers
- Coordinate with other departments of ProximityDesigns such as People Operations andProximity School to build our team’s capacityand competencies
- Strengthen, develop, and implement operationalprocedures to ensure we meet our highinternational standards
- Assist the FAS General Manager in managingteam and business needs