Warehousing/Logistics Manager with Beverage Cans Manufacturing Company in Myanmar
Overall responsibility to manage the full spectrum of logistics activities. i.e. oversee, plan and manage logistics, warehousing, transportation and customer services.
This person is accountable for timely deliveries of all purchases and own production, accuracy of raw and finished stock inventory, production consumable and parts reordering, scrap accounting, FIFO, packaging material management including cycle count, logistic workers and vehicles management and warehouse safety and house-keeping.
To achieve this, a key responsibility is to manage the delivery planning, efficiency of the work flow and workers training.
- Liaise with internal/external department for delivery schedule.
- Ensure the communication flow effectively passed through and achieved OTIF delivery.
- Have full understanding of customers’ logistic management style and maintain good contacts.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Ensure warehouse practices comply with the company’s policy and SOP.
- Maintain a training matrix and ensure the workers are crossed trained and equip with necessary skills.
- Ensure supports compiles with company procedural manual and SOP.
- Safeguards warehouse and store operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory by conducting a daily random physical check and a monthly physical check for finish goods.
- Reconcile variances if any.
- Ensure stocks are sent out based on FIFO concept.
Packaging Material Management
- Upkeep record of plastics and wooden packaging material movement between plant and customer’s site.
- Conduct a monthly/quarterly/half yearly physical count with the customers.
- Manage cleaning and handling of plastic layer pads in meeting the quality requirements.
- Supply on-time the cleaned plastic layer pads for production use.
Direct and indirect material control
- Maintain consignment and non-consignment stock tracking, reconciliation and follow up replenishment.
House-Keeping & Safety
- Ensure operational safety measures in place.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Complies with local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Month end reports on all activities under your responsibilities
Training & HR
- Conduct annual appraisals of your team members and identify training needs, present to HR