DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties shall be deemed to be included in the professional duties which a teacher may be required to perform:
- Lesson planning and preparation
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to him/her;
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils' progress and development.
- Undertaking moral duties, such as taking on the role of classroom tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Supervising and supporting the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
- Coordinating or managing the work of other teachers.
- Registering the attendance of pupils and supervising pupils, whether these duties are to be performed before, during or after school sessions.
- Providing feedback to parents and care takers on a student's progress at parents' evenings and other meetings. General Duty/Activity:
- Maintaining the discipline of classroom and treat all students on one level.
- Motivating students with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation.
- Monitoring corridors, playground and extra-curricular activities.
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials.
- Participating in and organizing extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
- Participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events.
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing ongoing professional development (COPD).
Working Hours – 8:00 am to 2:30 pm (Monday to Friday)
- Applicants must bring a CV and photocopies of qualifications when contacted for interview.